Tuesday 4 December 2012

An 'Altered' Advent Calendar !

I wanted to try to do an advent calendar of sorts for my blog & facebook page but it appears I am 3 days too late !!

So to catch up I will post 1 & 2 today, 3 & 4 tomorrow then 5 & 6 on Thurs (6th) & we will be all caught up !!

So the theme is the A-Z of Altered Eras !!

********** 1st December = A **********



Well 'A' has to be for Altered Eras !! 

Altered Eras was born on Etsy as a sister shop to my previous incarnation where I sold online but mostly at events & fairs.

But I never REALLY felt I was making things I liked, things I would buy or that were 'me' 
& so my focus changed & Altered Eras was born !!

So maybe 'A' could be for 'about' too & where better to read about it all than here - http://www.etsy.com/shop/AlteredEras/about/ 
- My Etsy 'About' page !

A could also be for Acorn

The acorn, or oak nut, is the nut of the oaks and their close relatives .

The Norse legend that Thor sheltered from a thunderstorm under an oak tree has led to the belief 
that having an acorn on a windowsill will prevent a house from being struck by lightning.

The acorn is a symbol of strength and power. In the fall, these tiny yet hardy little nuggets 
drop from the oak trees to land on the ground. 

Most will be eaten by passing wildlife, but a few will survive to form a new tree in the spring. 

Because the acorn only appears on a fully mature oak, it is often considered 
a symbol of the patience needed to attain goals over long periods of time. 
It represents perseverance and hard work.

swarovski pearl acorn earrings

And lastly - because its not all about me - a DIY project, recipe or gift

A is for 
Apple (Dried) & Orange Slice Ornaments


Easy peasy as (apple ) pie (sorry) !!

Simply dry the fruit slices then glue together with dried berries, greenery or cinnamon sticks (etc) & attach twine or ribbon ...

Then hang on the tree or as an extra special addition to your wrapping.

They will smell wonderful too :)

0 comments: